Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bed Rest

Bed rest is certainly not all that it is cracked up to be ( or at all as "wonderful" as it sounds.) Last week I went into preterm labor, ended up at the hospital for 6 1/2 hours and my doctor put me on a lovely medicine called Terbutaline. He then ordered me to bed "or else." I kept asking him if there were certain things I could or couldn't do and he finally asked me if I needed him to tell someone in particular that he had ordered me to do these things (I think he thought someone, namely my husband, was giving me a hard time about "slacking off". ) I laughed and told him it was quite the opposite, that my grouchy husband and "pushy" ;o) friends had been telling me for weeks that I was doing way too much and I needed to "back off" (those were Scott's exact words!)

So, I left the office with my mom in tow (she told me I could not drive myself; it seems I have several bed-rest Nazis in my life!) and she came right home and put me to bed! I felt like a 10 year-old again! She did, however, make me dinner and vacuum my floor before she left!

No, really, I have been overwhelmed at the amount of love and concern that everyone has shown me and my little family (soon to be "not-so-little"!) in these times full of tests and trials! I have had meals, calls and most importantly, the most important little person in my life, Quinci, has been taken care of everyday! I have grown accustomed to Cindy's, Karissa's, and Cheryl's calls each day to take Quinci and to just see how I am doing and they mean more to me than these amazing women will ever know! I do believe that Quinci loves each of you more than she loves me!! I can not forget to mention Mel as well. She has both of her kiddos having surgery within a week of each other and she still calls me most days to check in. She brought us dinner the night before Collin's surgery. Who can go wrong with beautiful friends like these! I now know the reason that we were directed to move out here! I thank the Lord for the little inspirations He sends our way. Now, can He just send one about a job.......

One more thing. Bless our Compassionate Service person's heart. She has been so overwhelmed with the many needs of the sisters in our ward, but she still never neglects to check in on me as well! Karolien is PERFECT for this calling and also the perfect neighbor as well!

2 comments:

quadmom said...

Oh Kelly.... BED REST! It is such a challenge. Just learn to receive lots of help and you'll make it through. All of this suffering will be worth it--I promise!! Bed rest was so hard for me. I hated having everyone do everything for me, but remember--be the best incubator you can be!! Just lay there and let those little babies grow! I'm praying for you. Lots of love being sent your way.

Cheryl said...

Hey lady, the feelings are mutual! Yuo all are just so darn lovable!