Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This one's for you Cheryl....

I had a request for a chocolate cookie recipe that I made the other night. I feel so honored to have someone ask me for the directions to something I made!!

Fudge Balls (Unfortunate name! I won't even tell you the conversation that ensued at my family dinner when my brothers heard the name!!!)

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 squares unsweetened chocolate ( 1 square equals 3 T. cocoa and 1 T. oil)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
powdered sugar

preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt butter with cocoa in a pan on the stove. Remove from heat. Add sugar, egg, salt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in flour. Mix well (you may have to squish it with your hands to get all of the flour mixed in good.) Shape into balls. I like them a little bit on the bigger side because then they don't dry out when they cook. Bake for 7-10 minutes (in my oven, with the larger balls, I cook them for 10 minutes) Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.


Thanks for flattering me, girls!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Thank you Kelly, my taste buds will be happy. And yes, they do need a new name!