Thursday, October 9, 2008

So, Here I sit...

I would like to point out that it is currently 12:27AM and I am sitting here at the computer. What is wrong with this picture????? I am pregnant with twins and SHOULD be getting my beauty sleep (ok, ok, at least just regular sleep!) Right?? No, no, no not me. I have #@*&%$# restless legs and can NOT fall asleep before 3:30am to SAVE MY LIFE!! Right now, that is about where I am. I have contemplated several different avenues to accomplishing this; however, I have found that every one of them would indeed cause more pain in the long run. Not to mention, what it might do to the beautiful babies growing inside me. AAAAAHHHHHHH!

This restless leg thing is easily the worst part of this whole fertility/pregnancy process. No, really! My mind and body are sooooooooo tired, but the legs and sometimes arms, just don't get the same message. In fact, they say they want to dance. I AM NOT A DANCER!!! Can someone please tell my legs that?

I am going to write about my European baby-making (no worries, it is all G rated - well maybe, PG) in one of the next few posts so those that are not aware of the lengths we went to to get pregnant, can have a glimpse into my life and what some of us will do to have children. AY AY Ay!!!!

Well enough of the pity party for me. I have GOT to try and go to bed. Will you all say a little prayer for me??

4 comments:

Melanie said...

That is horrible! I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. And whenever you're not getting enough sleep for days in a row, EVERYTHING always seems so much worse than it is. Please let me know what I can do to make your life a little easier right now.

cindy said...

Oh...my heart just hurts for you. I wish I could just take that part away for you. "this to will pass"

I sure want to help, PLEASE let me know if I can in any way. Maybe you can send Quinci over so you can nap during the day while your legs don't hurt so much. Seriously, if you think that would work.

Cheryl said...

So, your Birthday card told me to look on the bright side, so here it is....maybe the restless legs will stick around after you have the babies and you won't have to exercise to lose your baby weight! Sorry, not very comforting. I had to remind myself many times in my last trimester how much I had wanted to be carrying my baby daughter. But, I'll never hold pregnancy complaints against anyone. Whatever your cirucumstances, pregnancy pretty much stinks. If the outcome weren't so desirable, no one would EVER volunteer!

quadmom said...

Oh Kelly...I'm praying for you. I feel for you. It's so hard, but I promise all the suffering will be worth it. Hang in there my friend.